For the safety and enjoyment of all our participants, these class procedures should be followed.
- Please ensure your child has used the bathroom before their class starts. Coaches frequently taking children to the bathroom, interrupts training and we would prefer to keep this at a minimum
- Gymnasts should wear leotard or tracksuit, leggings, shorts, tucked-in t-shirt and bare feet or gymnastics shoes (strongly recommended) only. Swim socks, socks with grips, crop tops and bare midriffs are not appropriate. If your child has a verruca, this must be covered with athletic tape (available in Boots) or gymnastics shoes, plasters will fall off. Long hair should be tied up & no jewellery, watches or items in their pockets. Children arriving to class in denims, dresses, costumes, ballet pumps or face paints may not be allowed to participate.
- Bring a drink to every class and no food (except camps)
- Our classes for young children are a lot of fun and we want to ensure that all our participants are safe and ready to learn the wonderful sport of gymnastics – Before signing up for classes, children must be toilet trained, able to stay with their coach and follow directions. Although it’s natural to be a little shy starting off, kids must be happy to participate without parents. All classes/all age groups are drop-in classes. Parents may not stay in the hall/gym area during training session, unless invited to do so, by coach. Where available, parents can watch the fun from viewing area
- Term fees must be paid online, before term begins. Places not taken/paid for by priority registration day are offered to children on the waitlist. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. Payable by term only, we do not take weekly payments.
- Gymnasts should be no more than 5 minutes early for class and should be collected on time.
- Gymnasts may not use apparatus once their class is over. Our coaches use this time to reconfigure equipment and adjust apparatus for the next session; it may not be safe. Children arriving for class should remain seated until their class commences. Children not enrolled in our class, should never play on equipment. We ask for the parent’s cooperation with this.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all our participants, any child whose behavior is consistently disrupting training, will not be permitted to continue. Very young children, who are not yet able to take direction, will be asked to take a break from classes, until they are little older.
- Please remember to take belongings with you. We do not take responsibility for lost/stolen items.
- Gymstars Gymnastics will not tolerate any abuse against our staff or any behavior that negatively affects our gymnasts & staff. We have the right to refuse service where child or parent/guardian has displayed disruptive or aggressive behavior.
Our children’s officer is Grainne O’Dwyer 0866820647