For the safety and enjoyment of all our participants, these class procedures should be followed.
- Please ensure your child has used the bathroom before their class starts. Coaches frequently taking children to the bathroom, interrupts training and we would prefer to keep this at a minimum
- Children should wear leotard or tracksuit, leggings, shorts, tucked-in t-shirt and be in bare feet or gymnastics shoes only. Swim socks or socks with grips are not appropriate. If your child has a verruca, this must be covered with athletic tape (available in Boots) or gymnastics shoes, plasters will fall off. Long hair should be tied up & no jewellery, watches or items in their pockets. Children arriving to class in denims, dresses, costumes, ballet pumps or face paints may not be allowed to participate.
- Bring a drink to every class and no food.
- Please note that all classes/all age groups are drop-in classes. Parents may not stay in the hall during training session, unless invited to do so, by coach.
- Term fees must be paid online, before term begins. Places not taken/paid for by priority registration day are offered to children on the waitlist.
- Children should be no more than 5 minutes early for class and should be collected on time.
- Children may not use apparatus once their class is over. Our coaches use this time to reconfigure equipment and adjust apparatus for the next session; it may not be safe. Children arriving for class should remain seated until their class commences. Children not enrolled in our class, should never play on equipment. We ask for the parent’s cooperation with this.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all our participants, any child whose behavior is consistently disrupting training, will not be permitted to continue. Very young children, who are not yet able to take direction, will be asked to take a break from classes, until they are little older.
- Please remember to take belongings with you. We do not take responsibility for lost/stolen items.
2018 Child Safeguarding Statement
Gymnastics Ireland provides sporting activities and opportunities for young people though participation in clubs, national events and our national teams. Gymnastics Ireland is committed to safeguarding children and affiliated clubs work under the guidance of our Safeguarding Policies. All our volunteers and staff working with our young people, throughout the organisation, seek to create a safe environment for young people to participate in our activities.
Our Club’s written Safeguarding Risk Assessment document indicates the areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of the risk occurring, and gives the policy, guidance or process documents required to alleviate these risks. The list of risks identified is contained in the following categories: Club and Coaching Practices, Complaints & Discipline, Reporting Procedures, Use of Facilities, Recruitment, Communications and General Risk of Harm.
This Club’s Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, (the Children First: National Guidance and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice). In addition to our Risk Assessment document described above, there are further procedures that support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our activities.
Gymnastics Ireland has the following procedures in place as part of our Safeguarding Code and Policies:
- Dealing with and reporting allegations of abuse or misconduct by staff or volunteers against a child availing of our activities
- Safe recruitment of staff and volunteers to work with children in our activities
- Access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm
- Appointment of Designated Liaison Persons at Club and National level
- Appointment of Children’s Officers at Club and National level who shall be the relevant persons or first points of contact in respect of this statement
The Mandated Person appointed by Gymnastics Ireland is Dermot Howlin, phone 01/6251125.
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been prepared in accordance with the requirements contained in the Children First Act 2015. Our Club is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed within 24 months of the date below.